Shielding CountersAdam Grunweg
The following Copyrighted article is printed with permission from the author,Wolf Kin. The original article can be found here: www.realmsbetween.com
Should be Counter Shielding 2
It is increasingly common for Guardians, Healers, Dream Walkers, or other Workers to run into people who are shielding or using other forms of defense. Many books have been written that contain a variety of shielding techniques. Unfortunately, most don’t give any instructions on how to bypass shields in the event of an emergency – something that Workers face fairly often.
The knowledge regarding how to counter shields of varying types is generally lacking. It is important to obtain this knowledge for a variety of reasons; healing someone who shields naturally; overcoming a shield someone has placed around you against your will disabling your ability to facilitate an attack, etc. Bypassing someone’s shields can be construed as a hostile act and therefore anyone using counter shielding techniques should be very selective in how they apply them.
Firstly, it is essential to remember and be cognizant that every defense in existence has a weakness and this provides a way for someone to go around that defense or force the user to discontinue it. There are no exceptions to this rule. The method used to counter the defense is a matter of deciding how much pain one wants to cause the user.
Secondly, it is important to keep in mind that patience is required in discovering the weakness of a particular shield or defense. In the absence of an active attack there is all the time in the world to discover a shield’s weakness. Rushing is of little value and can actually cause harm if the person is using the offense shield types. A single misstep can trigger the shield’s offensive capability.
Keep in mind that the methods that will be presented are by far not the only methods one can use to bypass shields. The methods to follow have been tested and proven to work by myself and those I’ve taught. As always, finding that which works best for us as individuals is a must.
There are a variety of basic shields used and overused by the majority of people new to practicing. While working against these shield types always remember that most of the time the people who use these basic shielding methods are often not very experienced, despite what their power level might imply. Therefore, be very careful about tailoring attacks to the inexperience of the person and not necessarily the perceived idea of their strength based on the amount of energy sensed. Someone having power doesn’t mean they know how to use it.
Basic Personal Shield: Egg Shape
This shield is the most common and easiest to bypass. Mostly because people create such a shield and aren’t generally aware of the role that shape plays in its function. So because most will form it in the shape an egg they are leaving themselves open to possible vulnerabilities. Most people don’t have the experience needed to keep the shield solid across its entire surface and that is what provides the method of bypassing the shield.
There are two methods that are effective against the Egg Shape Shield: (although there are many other methods)
• The first and most painful method is to apply pressure to the top and bottom part of the shield simultaneously. This creates a backlash on the user of the shield until they are overwhelmed with pain and they decide to drop the shield. This method can also work if the person is using a shape that has corners, just apply pressure to the corners.
• The second method is to look for the weak points in the shield. These areas will appear less bright than other parts of the shield, sometimes holes may be detected. This goes back to the fact that most people are not experienced enough to have a shield solid across its entire surface. Once these weakness points are found it’s a simple matter of using a low power offensive technique to puncture the shield.
Basic Personal Shield: Skin Tight
Generally there are two reasons for this shield. One is that the person is too lazy and/or weak to create a full sized shield. Two, the person has a bit more experience and has decided to use this type in order to have its presence masked by the aura. Careful evaluation can determine the reasoning behind the shield and this will help with properly tailoring the attack in accordance with one of the two types.
Bypassing this kind of shield is fairly simple. It’s powered from the person’s own energies and careful observation will determine quickly if the person is someone who knows what they are doing or not. Obvious signs are the inability to keep it solid across the entire surface; erratic fluctuations in shape, etc. While the person doesn’t realize it, they have provided the easiest way to bypass their shield because of the shape they chose to use. Never underestimate the usefulness of backlash when breaching a shield. ?
Spend some time studying the shield to be certain of what there is to deal with. Points to remember:
• If you have determined that the person is simply an amateur you have two choices in how to continue. It is not a good idea to use an offensive attack because the person has placed their energetic structure so close to their energetic structure that pretty much any attack used will cause them harm.
• The first choice is to cause backlash. This is done by approaching the target via projection and simply placing the “hands” on either side of the skull and applying pressure. This is a guaranteed way of ensuring the shield won’t stay up long.
• The second choice for dealing with this shield is to look for a weak point and literally just tear the shield apart with bare hands. Of course, if there is no concern about the damage to the target one can use full power attacks. It is strongly advised that these not be used if the intention is to aid the person.
Basic Personal Shield: Sphere
This is a variation of the Basic Personal Shield in which the person actually knows enough to form the shield in a sphere so that attacks are spread across the surface. The person has enough experience to hold the shield solid across the entire surface.
While this shield design is marginally more useful than the others, it still has several weaknesses that make it easy to bypass.
• First of all, this shield is powered by the person’s own energy. They can’t hold out against a sustained attacked for long periods of time. To bypass this shield one uses lower power attacks repeatedly so that the person is forced to use more and more energy to keep the shield stable. Eventually they will be too tired to keep the shield solid and at this point you can puncture it at will.
• The next method is to simply take advantage of the fact that with his shield type there is nothing to prevent one from literally blowing it to pieces. Use full power attacks against it until it cracks. If there is a concern about draining oneself use a sword of power to cut a hole in the shield. There is nothing about the design of this shield that makes it unhealthy for someone to pierce it.
• The third method (my favorite) is just to drain the shield of energy as this also drains the user. It causes less pain and injury and has the added bonus of giving one an added energy boost so there is no energy cost to breach the shield.
• There is another option that may be used fairly safely since the person is likely only a beginner. Look for any links the person has and use those to get in. At their low level of experience it is very unlikely that the individual knows how to set pattern recognition tricks on their links. Even if they did know the odds are they don’t have enough experience with attacks to make one uncomfortable.
Externally Powered Shields
Externally powered shields are the next step in shield evolution. Most people who use these have learned to do so because they found out the hard way what problems are caused when powering a shield from one’s own energy. Namely that it can cost a lot when one comes under attack.
Basic Externally Powered Shield
This version is usually spherical in shape. This is primarily because the person has learned from experience (usually the hard way) the perils of using non spherical shields as a beginner. They’ve decided they like having attacks spread over the entire surface instead of being pin pointed to one location.
How to By-Pass This Kind of Shield
This shield is actually quite good. Unfortunately, or fortunately, in our case, most people tend to forget that if something is powered from an outside source, that source can be disrupted. This gives us one way to by pass it.
• The first thing to do is spend some time searching for the flow of energy which is powering the shield. Once you have located the flow it is a simple matter to place a form of a dam in it, thus causing the shield to fail within a matter of time. In cases where the person has been smart and has several flows entering the shield, we must resort to placing a shield of our own around their shield, thereby cutting off the power flow. Then it is just a matter of waiting for the shield to collapse and listening to the person curse 🙂
• Another easy way to bypass this shield is simply to cut or blow a hole in it. This isn’t an offensive shield therefore doing so poses no risk to us. It’s quicker than waiting for the shield to fail.
Elemental shields are formed entirely of energy that falls into one of the five elements. They are very good in some ways but in other ways their very makeup provides the way to bypass them.
Bypassing this kind of shield
There are a few ways to bypass one of these shields depending on your level of experience and that of the user.
• If the shield is powered externally (the majority of these types are since most people can’t be bothered to convert their own energy over to an elemental type) we handle it like any other externally powered shield and cut off its power source. This as always forces the user to either discontinue the shield or to switch the power source to their internal energy.
• Another method of bypassing this shield is simply to hit it with its opposite element. For example, if the person is using a Fire based shield, hit it with Water or Earth energy to get rid of it.
• If you have the experience required you may use a third method that is far simpler and less time consuming. Simply use the banishing pentagram (from the LBRP) associated with that particular element.
This shield is one that has been seen on a couple of occasions and is very annoying. It is a perfect example of an external shield. Make note of the fact that it is an external shield and not an externally powered shield. The premise of this shield is that energy is constantly flowing around and away from the user thus carrying any attack with it. These shields are very useful if the user has not been foolish enough to only have the one shield and not another one underneath. If the River shield is their only one they are left defenseless.
Bypassing This Kind of Shield
• This is another shield where paying attention to detail is critical. While it is easy to bypass it can be tricky if the energy coming in and out of it is not noticed. Occasionally the user will have the flow very slow moving so it is hard to notice the fact that attacks aren’t having much success. To bypass it just find the incoming flow and block it – that simple.
Be very careful when encountering a person with an advanced shield since the very fact that they’re using them says a lot about their level of experience. Most commonly, these shields are used by Workers; hence breaching them without a very good reason would be a severe breach of etiquette 🙁
Absorption shields are the parent of the Transformational shield mentioned later. The premise is that these shields allow the user to convert energy that hits it and use said energy to power the shield.
Breaching This Kind of Shield
This shield, like all in this section can be tricky to bypass, unless your skill is at least equal to the user. If it is not, save the time, pain, and possible cost of a funeral and leave the user alone. While the intruder is busy trying to handle this shield, the user of the advanced shield is busy trying to handle the intruder.
• These shields can be very weak against simultaneous multiple attack types. If for no other reason than the concentration many have to use to be able to convert the energy properly. Therefore, spend time trying to find what it’s weak against and when found, hit it with all you’ve got.
• Spend some time examining this shield. If no toxic energies are present (what is toxic to one may not be to another so this is an individual matter) by all means drain the thing. If this is to be the course of action it is important to be careful and only drain a little at first to be certain that it is not toxic.
• Like their child, the transformational shield, this one is extremely weak against Gates. This gives another method to try and bypass it if the requisite amount of skill is present.
• Another method is to hit it with as much toxic energy as possible since converting this is more time consuming and will put a larger strain on the user. The goal here is trying to poison the shield and possible the user if they are one of those who draws extra strength from the shield.
• The final option is to try and use a normal weapon against it. After all, the person has designed it to convert any energy attack that hits it. It is amazing how often people forget things like normal weapons when they design.
It must be stressed that these are very advanced shields. If this shield is encountered it is recommended that the user be left alone unless one has experience with offensive techniques. As mentioned before, the odds are that while the bypass attempt is being made the user is counter attacking. That being said, there are ways around this shield.
Bypassing this type of shield
When dealing with these shields it is important to remember that most are designed to absorb attacks. Thus, the attacks make them stronger. It’s not possible to pierce this type of shield as this will detonate all of the collected energy at you and then reform almost instantly. This will hurt a great deal, if it doesn’t prove fatal. Bypassing this shield requires several steps.
• The first task is to shut off the power flow into the shield and force the user to power the shield themselves. If the shield detonates it might very well be enough to render the person unconscious. To shut off the power use a shield as with any other externally powered shield, but with slight differences in how it is formed. When setting up this shield it is integral that the only the user can pass through and nothing else.
• Next, set up an externally powered mirror shield with the mirror side pointed towards the user of the shield so that what they send to attack will hopefully bounce back at them. The reason for this is simple and twofold. Firstly, most aren’t fond of getting “shot” at while trying to work. The mirror shield helps stop that if one is lucky. If not, praying is suggested because it would mean one has obviously tangled with someone far stronger than them. Secondly, the hope is that the user’s attacks will bounce back and pierce their shield, thereby causing it to detonate. This can be good for the simple fact that if one is lucky the user of the shield was stupid and just set the shield to detonate at the attacker, which in this case would be their own person. 🙂 Even if they weren’t that stupid there is a chance one’s mirror shield might bounce the detonated energy back and fry the user. However, even if all these possibilities fail there is advantage in the fact that after one of these shields detonates they are very weak and thus far safer to pierce.
• After the mirror shield is placed start draining the shield of energy. Just be careful in this step not to take all from one spot since if the shield breaches it will go boom. Continue this until the shield wavers. At this point it is reasonably safe to pierce it with a sword of power, providing of course that one is shielded well enough to protect against the minimal backlash. Remember, ONLY use a sword of power, if the shield is attacked using any other method, it will help recharge it.
• One other possibility is if it is known that the person is psychically linked to people, follow their links past the shield. Be careful as many people who have enough talent to keep one of these power hungry monsters functional use ID tricks on their links to stop this and have no qualms about destroying anyone not their link mate who tries to use it.
Multiple Layer Shields
These are one of the better designed shields. Unfortunately, like many designs, people who use it tend to get a bit lazy at times and stick to the basic shield types outlined above instead of designing their own new variations. Keep in mind though that the user of this shield type is usually someone who does have a fair bit of strength and experience as evidenced by the fact that they are maintaining this many shields simultaneously. Thus, expect to come under fire rather quickly when work starts One should make sure their own shields are at full power before starting this work. Also, these shields CAN have offensive capabilities so one should keep that in mind when working and take time to avoid possibly dangerous mistakes.
Bypassing this kind of shield
These shields can be extremely complex or very simple depending on the user. Luckily shields tend to work on certain principles no matter what type and as always this is what gives us our way in.
• First thing’s first, to see what happens, it is suggested to send a half dozen of one’s best battle constructs at the shield, preferably ones stripped of signature. The reason for this is to determine what kind of attacks the person favors, as well as to see what kind of nasty surprises if any they have placed in their shields. Stripping them of signature is suggested because if it is determined that one honestly doesn’t have a chance of breaching this shield and being able to walk away from it. It’s possible to get results and then decide if one should merely fade away.
• If the decision has been made to continue with plans (you better be as good as you think you are) the next step is to spend some time watching and analyzing the shield. Look for incoming power flows, any times when the shields look to be weaker(many people’s shields drop in strength or drop entirely when they are sleeping or distracted)as well as attempting to discover what kind of shields the person is using for each layer and how many layers there are. Don’t worry about how long this takes, all the time in the world is available and rushing doesn’t help anything.
• The next step is to drop one’s own shield around the person. This shield will have two purposes. The first is to cut off any incoming power flows, the second is to give an extra buffer and a possible rebound effect against them versus their counter attacks and any nasty surprises in their shields which will start about the moment they discover you’ve dropped a shield on them. So design it appropriately.
• Now it’s just a matter of slowly making one’s way through each shield keeping a close eye on the shield dropped around them for any signs of weakness. Remember, if that shield falls, one will become suddenly vulnerable to a person who is more than likely very pissed so make sure to keep it strong. Examine each shield and counter it using the techniques described already. Do not attempt to breach the person’s shields all at once. Several people tend to alternate basic shields with offensive ones. One has no concept of how much damage several offensive shields can do when detonating simultaneously. To give an idea think about how much damage you would receive if you were at ground zero when an atomic bomb went off.
These shields are very rare to encounter. The premise of them is to gather a sufficient number of entities and convince/bind them into forming a living shield around the user. This is another of those shields that if seen it is best not to attempt to breach it unless absolutely necessary since the person obviously has some very large amounts of both power and experience. (Special thanks go to Melishal for reminding me of this type of shield’s existence.)
Breaching this kind of shield
***WARNING*** These techniques are entirely theory and have yet to be tested so use at your own risk.
Spend some time analyzing and as always look for any obvious weak points as well as any form of binding on the spirits.
• When ready, shield to the absolute best of your ability before you even think of beginning.
• Now, if there are any signs of bindings on the spirits, those should the first target. Snap those as quickly as possible with preferred methods. The reason for this is that despite what many believe, more often than not most entities aren’t particularly fond of the person using them and once released will very likely handle the person for you.
• If there was no sign of bindings, there are a few options. The first one is to simply kill the entities. The idea they aren’t alive and hence can’t be killed simply because they are not incarnate is a common misconception. To accomplish this, the best bet is to use the absolute strongest wide area of effect attacks and hope like hell.
• The second option is to try and banish the whole works. After all, they don’t belong where they are, hence things like the LBRP should work to banish them same as it would for any other entity.
• The next option is to try and Gate the entire shield en masse elsewhere, which providing one has the experience to make it work would leave the user of the shield entirely vulnerable.
• The last option is to try approaching from a different plane of existence, especially the etheric. Many practitioners make the mistake of forgetting they need to cover this plane, mainly because many forget it even exists and assume that all things out of body are the astral. This is entirely untrue as anyone who has experienced both will be quick to attest to. The reason it is suggested to hit from a different plane is that many entities are significantly weaker when brought into the etheric, imp because the energies are very different.
This shield is a variation on the absorption shield. How good it is depends entirely on the skill and knowledge of the user. The premise of this shield is that it automatically converts any attack that touches it into a different energy type, usually prana, saves half to power itself and the rest is sent to the user. Breaching this type is difficult, but is possible as always. Tangling with the user of this kind of shield is extremely hazardous. Thus extreme caution should be used.
Breaching This Kind of Shield
• How we breach this shield depends entirely on how it’s made. Some people will make it a full sphere to give them more space, others will place it close to the skin in order to use the aura to mask it’s presence to the unwary.
• As always, cut off any external power flows, but do it at a distance from the shield since some variations on this design do reach out to and try to embrace their target.
• Now, if the shield is a sphere, we can bypass it entirely by simply Gating our attacks inside the shield. These shields were not designed for preventing this kind of attack. The user can’t afford to allow the shield to move to intercept the Gate simply because they risk it trying to convert them. After all, it is set to convert anything it touches.
• If the person was smarter and placed the shield close to the skin Gating in attacks becomes virtually impossible since there isn’t enough space to form it. Of course, one could attempt to alter the person’s energy into a Gate supposedly. That wouldn’t be considered a very ethical thing to do and is not something recommended.
• The best way to breach this shield is to throw everything one has at it simultaneously and hope the person didn’t plan for such eventualities. The idea being to try and overwhelm it.
• Most of these shields will be weak against one form or another of attack, if only because the person doesn’t know enough about the attack form to be able to defend against it. It will just take time and patience to find it.
Now that we have finished covering the major types, we will cover some of the addons that may be encountered.
As the name implies this shield is designed specifically to prevent the user who is an empath from picking up all the emotions around them while allowing other things to pass through. Many also use this shield in reverse to stop themselves from broadcasting their emotions to others.
How to Bypass Anti-Empathic Shields
• Usually there is no reason to bypass one of these shields, as most often they are for preserving the mental health of the user more than anything else. It is strongly urged that this shield type be left alone.
• The easiest way to breach these shields is just to hit it with more emotional energy than it can block. To accomplish this, simply form a link to the user and send every ounce of emotional energy to them.
• The other way to handle it is to cut off its power source, be that internal or external using the techniques outlined earlier.
Intent Specific Shields
This is a detail that is often programmed into the basic shield types. What it does is act like a gatekeeper. If the shield has been programmed with intent to stop something specific, it will stop one from entering and trigger whatever other defenses the user has set up. If not, it allows one to pass. This type of setup is common when the user has set up offensive techniques to be triggered if the shield is under attack or breached. The reasoning is that they don’t want to accidentally nuke a friend.
Bypassing Intent Specific Shields
• This technique makes it much easier to bypass the basic shield types since all that has to be done is convince this Gatekeeper that intentions are honorable.
• Bypassing this shield requires two things. Firstly, stop all outgoing emotional and telepathic information – this is accomplished with a standard shield as well as an anti empathic one. Keep in mind, one will be scanned hard looking for any sign of ill intent towards the user, so prepare accordingly.
• Next is to project all sorts of nice things that give the appearance that no intention of harming the user exists. There is no real way to explain how to do this; it is a matter of using empathic projection to send out feelings of safety, happiness, etc, as well as being a good actor.
• Another method to breach a shield of this type is to alter one’s Signature to conform to one that is known to allow access. The Signature of the person’s significant other is commonly the best to use.
Jewelry Linked Shields
These are common among people who are lazy. They will tie their shields into a piece of jewelry in order to avoid having to pay attention to it.
Breaching This Kind of Shield
• Shields set up in this manner tend to be of the very basic variety. Several of them for the simple reason that the jewelry tends to act as a battery and it can’t maintain one of the more complex shields because of the power requirements. The simplest way to breach this shield is to just drain the battery which should show up real well to Sight. The one exception to this is in very rare cases where complex shield is seen tied into one and it’s noticed that it’s drawing from the person or external sources for enough power to maintain it. (By now you should know how to take care of this problem) 🙂
Mirror shields are used for a variety of purposes, but mainly they are used by people, especially wiccans, who want a non-offensive defense against attacks.
How to Bypass Mirror Shields
These shields are annoying to bypass in some ways because one has to be careful not to send the wrong things at it and have it bounce it back. However, it can be bypassed, it just takes some thinking and some patience.
• One way to bypass these shields is to force the user to drop it. To accomplish this we use a full power attack against it, and providing the mirror shield doesn’t shatter it will be bounced back. This is when you will place an externally powered Mirror Shield of your own right in front of it. This of course will cause the attack to bounce back again, and again, and again, ad infinitum until such time as the user gets tired of the backlash they are getting from each impact against their mirror shield and drop it.
• The other way to bypass it is to simply cut a hole in it with a sword of power. Since an offensive mirror shield is unheard of, one can be reasonably certain it is safe to do this.
No See Me Shield
This shield is actually extremely useful, but at the same time it doesn’t offer as much protection as most people think unless they’ve done some serious manipulations. The premise is that the person is surrounded by mist or some other substance which makes it very hard to hit a target.
Breaching This Kind of Shield
• Most people have this idea that something cannot be hit unless it can be seen. This can be true in the sense of the Shadow Shield which prevents one from being seen period by Sight. Unfortunately though, this shield doesn’t do that. The method for breaching it is not to worry about it. People who use this shield have a very bad habit of forgetting that we don’t need to know exactly where they are in the mist, we just have to hit all of the mist. Thus, to breach it, use the strongest wide area attacks.
Note on this shield: There are variations on this shield wherein the mist actually absorbs the attack. To ascertain if one is dealing with this kind of variation, take a few shots at it and watch carefully to see what happens. If it just goes through and keeps going, no problem. If it ceases to exist once it comes in contact with the mist then there’s a serious problem and it is recommended to just leave this one alone since that thing will take whatever is thrown at it.
These are a great example of intent specific shields. What these shields do is hide the user from the Sight of those who wish them harm. Think of it as a form of limited invisibility that works to a small degree in the physical realm as well. Those who wish the user harm just don’t notice the user though they could be standing ten feet away. Providing of course the user doesn’t do anything drastic to attract attention.
Bypassing Shadow Shields
• Because these are intent specific shields, use the method outlined above to bypass this shield.
What these are is a basic shield type that has been set spinning very fast in order to make it extremely difficult to hit the same spot twice with an attack.
Bypassing Spinning Shields
• These shields are annoying, and some serious time should be spent studying them before trying to bypass them is even considered.
• Spend time observing the shield to ascertain what type of shield it is. One word of caution, offensive shields can be made to spin as easily as the basic ones so be certain to evaluate what is seen and pay attention to instincts.
• Now there are two options, the easy way and the hard way. The hard way is attempting to try and hit the same spot repeatedly with an attack. The easy way, and the one recommended, is just drain the shield of all energy.
These shields are lots of fun to try and get rid of. The premise is that they gate elsewhere whatever is sent at them. Luckily for us there are some problems with it.
Breaching This Kind of Shield
• The biggest weakness this shield has is while less powerful than the advanced shields, it consumes an equal amount or more of energy. Plus, because it follows the rules of Gates one can use the same methods used to close a Gate to get rid of a warp shield.
• First thing’s first, cut off its power flow. That is one of the quickest ways to close any Gate, cutting off the energy it requires to stay open. In this case, unless the person is using other shields under it, which is doubtful considering the power drain of these things, the person will suddenly be defenseless, at least for a few moments.
• The second option is to create too many things for it to handle at once. Use simultaneous attacks from various directions.
• There is one other option that is not recommended because no one knows for certain what can or will happen. That is to watch as it is forming and send an attack and sever some of the strings that hold it together. While it is certain this will indeed collapse the Gate in a rather large hurry, the problem is no one knows what the effects of that fast a closing would be.
These haven’t given these their own category because to be honest all house shields fall into the basic types with a very few exceptions. If one runs into those the odds are they won’t be able to handle the person who lives in that house anyway.
Bypassing House Shields
There are three main ways to bypass a house shield.
• Examine the doors, windows, ceiling and floor of the house. When most people set up house shields, they often forget to shield these areas as heavily as the rest of the house. Particularly in the case of windows and doors, they forget they have to renew those shields fairly often because they are being walked through. This weakness is one way in.
• Make a door. This sounds ridiculously simple because it is. Most people have no idea how to make offensive house shields, so there is nothing preventing us from using a sword of power to cut a hole in their shield thereby allowing us entrance.
• Gate in. This is an advanced technique, it is recommended it be much practiced and one gets very good at this before trying it with a house. For some strange reason, people tend to get rather upset with someone suddenly popping into existence inside of their living room. 🙂 In other words, one may have to leave again in a hurry. Basically what one is doing is creating a gate where the doorway is inside the house and thereby past the shields. It works for the simple fact that most people never think about the possibility of someone projecting inside their house. They for some reason expect them to use the old ghost trick of walking through a wall or door.
• Just for fun of course, if one is really bored and has energy to spare, one can just blow a hole in the shield with offensive attacks.
Thus ends this introduction to Counter Shielding techniques. I hope you have learned a great deal about how to bypass shields, as well as the mechanics behind shields. Hopefully you have discovered ways in which to improve your own shields in order to make it more difficult to bypass them. The most important thing when it comes to bypassing shields is to use your head and take the time to study the shield thoroughly before you try and bypass it. I am certain you will occasionally encounter shields that aren’t listed here, mainly because no work on shields can claim to list all of them since we all put our own twists to the shields we use. Luckily though most work on the same principles and if you observe carefully you may see where the weakness lies. Pay particular attention to what the shield looks like, sometimes people will make shields that look like glass or some other material. When this happens you can usually use the attacks that would break the real material to break the shield. Another thing you should always remember is that there is always a chance that the person knows some offensive techniques and won’t think twice about using them if you try to breach their shields, therefore, always keep your own shields at full power when working. Finally, as I said in the introduction, there is no defense that will ever be designed that cannot be gone around, or the user forced to discontinue it given enough time and patience. There are no exceptions to this rule.
-Wolf Kin Copyright 2006